Find out now who, in fact, was the First Emperor of Rome. Many think it is Julius Caesar, but in fact, it was Augustus. Considered by many to be the greatest Roman Emperor of all time.
15 Best Quotes from Roman Empire: Reign of Blood
Roman Empire - Reign of Blood Quotes: The 15 most memorable phrases in the Netflix series. Messages, Thoughts... Have you watched or want to watch this series? Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Commodus, Caligula, Marcus Aurelius...
Roman Empire: Reign of Blood series:
Roman Empire: Reign of Blood is a series/documentary based on historical facts, produced in the United States and Canada. The six-episode miniseries is based on the Roman Empire and tells the story of Commodus, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Mark Antony, Marcus Aurelius, Caligula. Jeremiah Murphy and Peter Sherman collaborated on writing the miniseries, and Richard Lopez directed it. It debuted on Netflix on November 11, 2016.
Regarding the lines of the series, we prefer the second season - which tells the story of Julius Caesar - as it is the most searched on the internet.
Quotes by Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Commodus, Caligula...
- "Crassus, Pompey and Caesar were so powerful that they could approve anything! Both were partners in various ventures and for the first time in history Caesar was rich."
- "Julius Caesar is elected Consul, the highest office in the Roman republic."
- "Were it not for Julius Caesar, Pompey would be named the greatest general in Rome."
- "Caesar was a man of action! He was rash and cautious."
- "This Rome scheme works for centuries until... Spartacus."
- "At this point in history, Rome was her greatest time power."
- "When he turns 16, Caesar is lost (...) all the Romans wanted glory and it depended on military success."
- "To achieve the glory of Rome, every man must stand out on the field of battle, and one of those men is Julius Caesar."
Check: Julius Caesar Quotes
Best Quotes in the Netflix series:
- "Commodus was known as the only emperor to become a gladiator."
- "Gemelus was forced to commit suicide by a Praetorian guard."
- "If the stories are true, Caligula would invite the senators to dinner and sleep with their wives."
- "The term 'crossing the rubicon' is related to a choice that has no turning back."
- "Crassus died in a humiliating manner with molten gold in his throat, a manner in which he mocks his arrogance and greed for money."
- "Pompei and Crassus saw Caesar's popularity as a direct threat because he was becoming more powerful than them and in that position he could do whatever he wanted."
- "Caesar's victory in Gaul has always been one of the clearest examples of 'divide and conquer'."
Check: Spartacus Quotes
Quotes from Roman and Greek Gladiators: The Most Amazing and Outstanding Phrases from Icons like Spartacus, Maximus, Leonidas and Achilles. Remember, with "Gladiator" we are referring to great movie icons.
Barca, in the Spartacus series, was an extremely wronged gladiator (deceived by Ashur) and was also created by the series producer, making reference to the former general of Carthage: Anibal Barca, check it out.
Varro was one of the most relevant gladiators. Varro was also the best friend of the protagonist and after his death, Spartacus was very sad. "He will be remembered as a father, husband and friend among enemies."
Who was the First King of Rome? You who are here for sure have already wondered, after all, Rome was not always a republic or empire... In its foundation, Rome was a kingdom, know its history below.
Who was Julius Caesar? Discover the history of this icon. Contrary to what many people think, Caesar was not a Roman Emperor, but a DICTATOR. It was he who marked the transition from the Roman Republic.
Quintus Lentulus Batiatus was one of the most hated (and loved) characters in the Spartacus series, but what few people know is that Lentulus Batiatus really existed, learn more about this icon in history.
Cossinius and Furius were not very relevant in the Spartacus series, as they only appear in Season 4 and for a change, in only 1 episode. These two actually existed in history, check it out.
Publius Varinius was an ascendant Roman politician and rival of Claudius Glabro (also a politician). Contributes to the 3rd Servil War but was Humiliated by the rebel Spartacus, check it out.
Gaius Claudius Glaber was a "Legatus", that is, a military commander during the Roman Empire. He also had the political title of Praetor and was defeated by Spartacus. Check out.