Ares is the Greek and Roman God of War and was one of the Greek gods that became more popular in our culture, especially after the saga of God of War games ... Check out everything about Ares by reading the article.
ALL FOR ZEUS: GREEK GOD
ZEUS: GREEK GOD
ZEUS GREEK GOD SYMBOL
ZEUS IS GOD OF WHAT?
TITLES OF ZEUS
- Zeus Olympio, emphasized Zeus' royalty and his dominion over the gods, as well as his specific presence at the Olympian Pan-Hellenic Festival.
- Zeus Pan-Hellenic ("Zeus of all the Hellenes"), to whom the famous temple of Eaco in Aegina was dedicated.
- Zeus Xenius, Philoxenus or Hospitals: Zeus who was the patron of hospitality and guests, ready to avenge any wrong done to a foreigner.
- Zeus Orquio: Zeus protector of oaths. Liars who had been exposed were forced to dedicate a statue to Zeus, often in the sanctuary at Olympia.
- Zeus Agoreu: Zeus who took care of business now and punished dishonest traders.
- Zeus Egíoco: Zeus who carried the aegis, with which he infused terror in the wicked and his enemies. Other authors derived this epithet from αἴξ ("goat") and οχή, interpreting it as an allusion to the legend that Zeus was breastfed by Amalthea.
Among other names and epithets given to Zeus are:
- Zeus Meilíquio (Meilichios, "facilmente acessível"): Zeus assimilou um daimon ctônico arcaico, propiciado em Atenas, o Meilíquio.
- Zeus Taleu (Zeus Tallaios, "Zeus solar"): o Zeus que era cultuado em Creta.
- Zeus Labrando (Labrandos): venerado na Cária, seu local de culto era em Labraunda, e era representado empunhando um machado de ponta dupla (lábris). Estava associado ao deus hurrita do céu e da tempestade, Texube.
- Zeus Nao (Naos) e Zeus Búleo (Bouleus): formas de Zeus cultuadas em Dodona, o oráculo mais antigo. Alguns autores acreditam que os nomes de seus sacerdotes, os selos, teriam dado origem ao nome de helenos, dado ao povo grego desde a Antiguidade.
- Zeus Cássio: o Zeus de monte Acra, vale de montanhas entre a Síria e Turquia.
- Zeus Itômio ou Itomeu (Ithomatas): o Zeus do monte Itome, na Messênia.
- Zeus Astrápeo (Astrapios, "relampejante")
- Zeus Brôncio ou Bronteu ("trovejante")
MAIN CHILDREN OF ZEUS
- Helen of Troy;
- The hours;
- The Litai;
- The Muses;
- The Moiras.
Check: All for Greek Underworld
- By Gaia;
- For a goat called Amalthea, while a platoon of curettes - soldiers or lesser gods - danced, screamed and beat their spears against their shields so that Cronos would not hear the baby's cry (see cornucopia);
- By a goat named Aix (who belonged to the nymph Amalthea), and from her skin Zeus made Aegis;
- By a nymph called Adamanteia. Since Kronos was lord of the earth, the heavens and the sea, she hid him hanging by a rope from a tree, so that he, being neither on earth, nor in sky nor at sea, would have been invisible to her father;
- For a nymph called Cinosura, and as a thank you, Zeus would have placed her among the stars.By Melissa, who breastfed him with goat's milk and honey.
ZEUS AND THE CAPRICORN SIGN
Check: Top 10 Capricorn Quotes
KING OF THE GODS
ZEUS AND HERA
ZEUS IN MOVIE THEATER
- Axel Ringvall - in Jupiter på jorden, the character's first known film adaptation;
- Niall MacGinnis - in the miniseries Jason and the Argonauts, and Angus MacFadyen, in the 2000 remake;
- Laurence Olivier - in the film Clash of the Titans (Fury of Titans, in Brazil), and Liam Neeson in his 2010 remake, as well as in the sequel, Wrath of the Titans;
- Anthony Quinn - in the 1990s Hercules: The Legendary Journeys television series;
- Rip Torn - in the animation Hercules.John Novak - in the Supernatural television series (series), in the 8x16 episode.
- Luke Evans - in the film Immortals (2011) (Immortals, in Brazil).
Check: Top 10 Immortals Quotes
RECENT POSTS ON OUR BLOG:
Apollo is the Greek God of the sun and truth ... A lifetime ago he was compared to the Titan Helio and an interesting fact about him is that his name is the same in both Greek and Roman Mythology.
Aphrodite was the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty and fertility within Greek and Roman Mythologies. She was married to Hephaestus and was evidently considered the most Beautiful Goddess of Olympus, check it out.
Hermes is the Greek God of speed and communication in Greek Mythology and is popularly known for being the messenger of the Gods. This God is Son of Jupiter (Zeus) and has a fundamental role, check below.
Hera was the Greek Goddess of Marriage in Greek Mythology and she played a very important role (besides being one of the wives of Zeus, the king of the Gods). Hera had an irritable temper, check below.
Hades is the Greek God of the Underworld, he is one of the Triad of Main Gods of Greek Mythology, being them: Zeus, Poseídon and Hades. He was personified as the Supreme Judge of his Kingdom.
Poseidon is the Greek God of the Sea, different from Ponto for example that only concerns the open sea. Poseidon is an extremely important God in Greek Mythology; is son of Uranus and brother of Zeus.
Zeus: Greek God of Thunder may have been the Most Relevant God in Greek Mythology! Nowadays he is the most searched Greek God on the internet, check out all about him on our website below!
Rhea was the sister and wife Goddess of Cronos, whom she managed to deceive, preventing her son Zeus from being swallowed by him. When Zeus was born, Rhea gave Cronos a stone to swallow in place of the newborn.
Mnemosyne is relevant within Greek Mythology because she is the "Leader" of the Muses of Olympus. She is also known for being the Goddess of Memory and Remembrance. Check out some facts about this Goddess.