Manticore was a mystical creature from Greek Mythology. Very similar to the Chimeras, these monsters had red hair, scorpion's tail. So little talked about in the history books, check it out.
ALL FOR GREEK UNDERWORLD
UNDERWORLD IN GREEK
- At the door of the underworld was a demonic dog that guarded the entrance to the kingdom of Hades. His name was Cerberus, who in turn was colossal and devoured any mortal who passed by.
- The great Tartar pit, originally an exclusive prison for the Titans, ancient gods, who later became the dungeon where cursed souls were imprisoned;
- The land of the dead, governed by the god Hades, known both by the name of the god himself and by the house or domain of Hades (Aidaou domes), Erebo, the Fields of Asfódelos, Styx and Aqueronte;
- The "islands of the Blessed One" or Fortunate islands, ruled by Cronos (according to Píndaro - other reports diverge), where great heroes and myths resided after their deaths;
- The Champs Elysées, ruled by Radamanto, where the souls of virtuous men and those initiated in the ancient mysteries lived.
THE ORIGIN OF THE KINGDOM OF HADES
GREEK UNDERWORLD - ELISIOS FIELDS
GREEK UNDERWORLD - EREBUS
Check: Erebus in Greek Mythology
GREEK UNDERWORLD: TARTARUS
Check: Tartarus in Greek Mythology
CARONTE AND ITS BOAT
THE THREE JUDGES OF THE LOWER WORLD
KINGDOM OF HADES GOD OF WAR 3
POSTS RECENTES EM NOSSO BLOG:
Do you know the Story of the Minotaur? This Mythological Being (angry bull) was one of the most well-known figures within Greek Mythology and is still remembered today as a Horrendous being! Check out his Legend below.
Bellerophon was one of the most relevant heroes of Greek Mythology and became known after defeating the dreaded Chimera! His best friend is the winged horse Pegasus. Check out his story below.
Chimera was an extremely popular figure in Greek Mythology and is a huge monster with a hybrid appearance of two or more animals! Not to mention the fact that she can spit both acid and fire out of her mouth and nostril. Check out.
It is said by many that Medusa was the villain of the story, but not quite ... Medusa and Perseus were rivals, all for the inflated ego of the goddess Athena. Gorgon did not really deserve the end it had, check out.
"I'm nobody". Have you heard this phrase? Said by Odysseus (Ulysses) to King Cyclops Polyphemus, son of Posidon (Poseidon) and nymph Teosa and lived in a cave near Sicily, taking care of sheep.
Who are Romulus and Remus? What is your history? These are founding twin brothers of Rome. Legend has it that they were raised by a wolf and later founded the city of Rome. Check out facts about them.
The Three Judges in Greek Underworld were popularly known after the Anime Knights of the Zodiac, but these Three Mythological beings existed a long time ago within Greek Mythology.
The Titans of Greek Mythology are considered to be those ancient gods sons of Gaia (mother earth) and Uranus (sky god). Check out facts and images about these ancient gods below.
Greek Underworld, in Greek Mythology, is the land of the dead, the place where people's souls would go after death. In that place souls would pass a judgment, where their destiny would be decided.