Perseus was, in Greek Mythology, the executioner of Medusa. Also, founder of the city of Mycenae and half brother of Heracles. He knows its Story, Myth and Meaning.
All for Greek Underworld in Greek Mythology
- At the door of the underworld was a demonic dog that guarded the entrance to the kingdom of Hades. His name was Cerberus, who in turn was colossal and devoured any mortal who passed by.
- The great Tartar pit, originally an exclusive prison for the Titans, ancient gods, who later became the dungeon where cursed souls were imprisoned;
- The land of the dead, governed by the god Hades, known both by the name of the god himself and by the house or domain of Hades (Aidaou domes), Erebo, the Fields of Asfódelos, Styx and Aqueronte;
- The "islands of the Blessed One" or Fortunate islands, ruled by Cronos (according to Píndaro - other reports diverge), where great heroes and myths resided after their deaths;
- The Champs Elysées, ruled by Radamanto, where the souls of virtuous men and those initiated in the ancient mysteries lived.
The Origin of the Kingdom of Hades:
Check: Erebus in Greek Mythology
Check: Tartarus in Greek Mythology
CARONTE AND ITS BOAT:
The Three Judges:
Kingdom of Hades in God of War 3:
Typhon and Echidna are Monsters within Greek Mythology, but in addition, they are the parents of monstrous and wicked creatures within this mythology, check out.
Get to know what Centauromachy was in Greek and Roman Mythology. In this case, Centaurs were men with the body of a horse and had a nickname "Bull killer".
Surely you must know the main Goddesses from Greek Mythology, but what about the strongest goddesses? We separated a Top 5 that, in our opinion, are the strongest goddesses.
What is Pandora's Box? Know the History and Meaning of this Fascinating Myth of Greek Mythology. Pandora was a beautiful woman and wife of Epimetheus (brother of Prometheus).
Gigantomachia or simply War of the Giants is an episode of Greek Mythology, after Titanomachy. And it was the fight between the Olympic Gods against the Giants, check it out.
Who was the Father of Icarus in Greek Mythology? Icarus was popularly known after his attempt to leave the island of Crete Flying, but it had a dramatic ending as expected...
Queres (Keres) are Daemons of Greek Mythology and Represent Fatality and Violent Death. They are usually presented as women and daughters of the goddess Nyx.
Manticore was a mystical creature from Greek Mythology. Very similar to the Chimeras, these monsters had red hair, scorpion's tail. So little talked about in the history books, check.
Do you know the Story of the Minotaur? This Mythological Being was one of the most well-known figures within Greek Mythology and is still remembered today as a Horrendous being!