Good Morning Quotes Blessed Sunday by God. Messages, Excerpts, Thoughts, and Quotes to Liven up the Day-to-Day. Share with your Friends and Family on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Stoicism: Know The 30 Best Stoic Quotes about Life
Stoicism Quotes. Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, Epictetus, Diogenes... Messages, Excerpts, Quotes, Thoughts and Stoic Phrases to learn how to manage your vital energy.
What is Stoicism?
Stoicism is a Hellenistic school of philosophy founded in Greece, in Athens, by Zeno of Scythius in the early third century BC The Stoics taught that destructive emotions resulted from errors of judgment, from the active relationship between cosmic determinism and human freedom and offspring that it is virtuous to maintain a will that is in accord with nature. Because of this, the Stoics classified their philosophy as a way of life and thought that the best indication of an individual's philosophy was not what a person says, but how that person behaves. To live a good life, you had to understand the rules of the natural order, as they taught that everything was rooted in nature.
Later Stoics such as Seneca and Epictetus emphasized that because "Virtue is sufficient for happiness," a sage was immune to misfortune. This line is similar to the meaning of the phrase "stoic calm", although one phrase does not include as views of stoic "ethical radicals", where only a sage can be considered free and all moral corruptions are equally perverse. Stoicism specified itself as a system integrated by logic, physics and ethics, articulated by common principles. It was Stoic ethics that had the greatest influence on the development of the philosophical tradition, and some think it even influenced early Christianity.
Marcus Aurelius was the only Roman Emperor considered Stoic!
Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, Seneca... Quotes by Stoic Authors:
- "If you want to get better, be content to be considered silly and stupid." ― Epictetus
- "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." ― Seneca
- "The tranquility that comes when you stop caring about what they say. Either think or do. Just what you do." - Marcus Aurelius
- "The entire future is in uncertainty: live immediately." - Seneca
- "Bearing trials with a calm mind robs misfortune of its strength and burden." - Seneca
- "Learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference." - Marcus Aurelius
- "When someone is properly grounded in life, they shouldn't have to look outside themselves for approval." - Epictetus
- "He has a lot and is content with the minimum." - Diogenes
- "A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials." - Seneca
- "It doesn't matter what you put up with, but how you put up with it." - Seneca
- "The sage does not rise up by prosperity or descend from adversity; for he has always strove to trust predominantly in himself and obtain all joy." - Seneca
- "The first rule is to keep your spirit undisturbed. The second is to look things in the face and know what they are." - Marcus Aurelius
- "If it's bearable, then hang on. Stop complaining." - Marcus Aurelius
- "A mind that is anxious about future events is miserable." - Seneca
- "The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius
Check: Buddha Quotes
Only the Best Quotes of Stoicism:
- You have power over your mind, not external events. Realize this and you will find strength." ―Marcus Aurelius
- "Don't explain your philosophy. Embed it." - Epictetus
- "How long are you going to wait before demanding the best for you?" - Epictetus
- "Life is too short and anxious for those who forget the past, neglect the present, and fear the future." - Seneca
- "He who fears death will never do anything of value for a man who is alive." - Seneca
- "Stop skidding... Run to the finish. Cancel your hopes and, if your well-being is important to you, be your own savior while you can." - Marcus Aurelius
- "Start living immediately and count each day as a separate life." - Seneca
- "If it's not right, don't do it; if it's not true, don't say it." - Marcus Aurelius
- "Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few needs." ― Epictetus
- "Hold on to your youthful enthusiasm, you'll be able to use them better when you're older." ― Seneca
- "Whatever can happen at any time can happen today." - Seneca
- "They waste the day in anticipation of night and the night in fear of the dawn." - Seneca
- "Let's prepare our minds as if we've reached the end of life. Let's not postpone anything. Let's balance the books of life every day... He who puts the finishing touches on his life every day never runs out of time." - Marcus Aurelius
- "True happiness is enjoying the present, without anxious dependence on the future, not to amuse ourselves with hopes or fears, but to be satisfied with what we have, which is enough, for the one who is doesn't want anything. The greatest blessings of humanity are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wanting what he does not have." ― Seneca
- "The secret is to keep the company of only people who praise you, whose presence brings out your best." ― Epictetus
Check: Jesus Christ Quotes
Seduction Quotes, desire and conquest phrases to conquer men and women. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes and Reflective Phrases for Status. Have a spicy relationship.
Good Morning Blessed Saturday Quotes. The 30 Funny, Optimistic and Blessed Phrases. Messages, Thoughts, Excerpts, Quotes and Motivational Phrases.
Depression and Sad Quotes for WhatsApp Status, Facebook and Photos: The 20 Most Awesome Phrases. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes, Thoughts and Motivational Phrases... Quotes for all tastes.
Good Morning Quotes Good Friday, Holy, Blessed with God and Affection. 50 Optimistic and Funny Phrases. Messages, Thoughts, Excerpts, Quotes and Motivational Phrases. Share on WhatsApp.
Mother-Daughter Quotes, Rebel and Newborn, Pregnant for Photos and Status: The 30 Most Awesome phrases. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes, Thoughts and Motivational Phrases... Quotes for all tastes.
Good Morning Quotes Holy Thursday Blessed and with Affection. 20 Optimistic Phrases. Messages, Thoughts, Excerpts, Quotes and Motivational Phrases. Share on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Father and Son Quotes: The 30 Most Awesome Phrases. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes, Thoughts and Motivational Phrases! Newborn child, about to be born, birthday... Quotes for all tastes.
Good Morning Quotes Wednesday with Affection and Blessed. The 20 Optimistic Phrases. Messages, Thoughts, Excerpts, Quotes and Motivational Phrases. Share on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Never Give Up on Your Dreams and Fight Quotes: The 30 Most Amazing Phrases. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes, Thoughts and Motivational Phrases! Add to your Marriage, Life, Love, Faith...