Ares is the Greek and Roman God of War and was one of the Greek gods that became more popular in our culture, especially after the saga of God of War games ... Check out everything about Ares by reading the article.
POSEIDON: GOD OF THE SEA
POSEIDON: GREEK GOD
ORIGIN OF POSEIDON (NAME)
POSEIDON IN THE ILÍADA
Check: Pontus in Greek Mythology
YOUR CHILDREN ARE
- Boeoto and Heleno, by Antíopa, daughter of Éolo
- Agenor and Belo, by Libya, daughter of Epafo
- Bellerophon, by Eurínome, daughter of Niso
- Leuconoé by Temisto, daughter of Hipseu
- Hirieu, by Alcíone (daughter of Atlas)
- Tabs by Aretusa, daughter of Nereus
- Efoceu by Alcíone (daughter of Atlas)
- Díctis by Agamede, daughter of Aúgias
- Evadne by * Lena, daughter of Lêucipo
- Megareus by Oenope, daughter of Epopeu
- Cigno por Chalice, daughter of Hecato
- Periclimeno and Anceu by Astipaleia, daughter of Phoenix
- Neleu and Pelias by Tire (mythology), daughter of Salmoneu
- Eupemo, Lico and Nicteu by Celeno, daughter of * Ergeu
- Eumolpo by Quíone, daughter of Aquilo
- Meto by Melite, daughter of Búsiris
- Despina and Arion (twins), by Demeter.
POSEIDON VS ATHENS
RECENT POSTS ON OUR BLOG:
Apollo is the Greek God of the sun and truth ... A lifetime ago he was compared to the Titan Helio and an interesting fact about him is that his name is the same in both Greek and Roman Mythology.
Aphrodite was the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty and fertility within Greek and Roman Mythologies. She was married to Hephaestus and was evidently considered the most Beautiful Goddess of Olympus, check it out.
Hermes is the Greek God of speed and communication in Greek Mythology and is popularly known for being the messenger of the Gods. This God is Son of Jupiter (Zeus) and has a fundamental role, check below.
Hera was the Greek Goddess of Marriage in Greek Mythology and she played a very important role (besides being one of the wives of Zeus, the king of the Gods). Hera had an irritable temper, check below.
Hades is the Greek God of the Underworld, he is one of the Triad of Main Gods of Greek Mythology, being them: Zeus, Poseídon and Hades. He was personified as the Supreme Judge of his Kingdom.
Poseidon is the Greek God of the Sea, different from Ponto for example that only concerns the open sea. Poseidon is an extremely important God in Greek Mythology; is son of Uranus and brother of Zeus.
Zeus: Greek God of Thunder may have been the Most Relevant God in Greek Mythology! Nowadays he is the most searched Greek God on the internet, check out all about him on our website below!
Rhea was the sister and wife Goddess of Cronos, whom she managed to deceive, preventing her son Zeus from being swallowed by him. When Zeus was born, Rhea gave Cronos a stone to swallow in place of the newborn.
Mnemosyne is relevant within Greek Mythology because she is the "Leader" of the Muses of Olympus. She is also known for being the Goddess of Memory and Remembrance. Check out some facts about this Goddess.