30 Nelson Mandela Quotes on Motivation and Education
Nelson Mandela Quotes on Life, Motivation, Education, Racism, Leadership, Prejudice, Peace and Freedom: 30 Awesome Mandela Quotes. Messages, Excerpts and Motivational Phrases!
Who was Nelson Mandela?
Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013) was a leading rebel lawyer and president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999, considered the most important leader of Black Africa, winner of the 1993 Nobel Peace Prize and father of the modern South African nation, where he is commonly referred to as Madiba (his clan name) or "Tata" ("Father"). Born into a family of tribal nobility, in a small village in the interior where he would possibly come to occupy a leadership position, he refused this fate at age 23 when moving to a capital, Johannesburg, and starting his political activities.
Moving from the rural countryside to a rebellious college life, he transformed himself into a young lawyer in the capital and leader of the non-violent youth resistance, ending up a defendant in an infamous treason trial. Outlaw, he later became the most famous prisoner in the world and ultimately the most awarded politician in life, responsible for refounding his country as a multi-ethnic society.
Nelson Mandela Quotes on Motivation and Education:
- "Money will not create success, but the freedom to do so."
- "It is in the character of growth that we must learn from pleasant and unpleasant experiences."
- "Many people in this country have paid the price before me and many will pay the price after me."
- "It always seems impossible until it's done."
- "I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles."
- "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated and passionate about what they do."
- "One of the hardest things is not changing society, but changing yourself."
- "I learned that courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not the one who is not afraid, but the one who conquers that fear."
- "Resentment is like drinking poison and then expecting it to kill your enemies."
- "A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way toward making the world the better place we dream of."
- "True leaders must be ready to sacrifice everything for the freedom of their people."
- "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, it goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, it goes to his heart."
- "Don't judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell and rose again."
- "To be free is not just about getting rid of one's chains, but living in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
- "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world."
Check: Positive Energy Quotes
Nelson Mandela Quotes on Leadership, Peace and Freedom:
- "Difficulty destroys some men, but makes others. No ax is sharp enough to cut through the soul of a sinner who keeps trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."
- "As we release ourselves from our own fear, our presence automatically releases others."
- "Live life as if no one is looking and express yourself as if everyone is listening."
- "After you climb a big hill, you just find that there are many more hills to climb."
- "One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I moved, I couldn't change others."
- "It is said that no one truly knows a nation until they are inside its prisons. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but rather its lowest."
- "As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
- "There is no passion to be found playing small or settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of living."
- "I am not a saint unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps trying."
- "Lead from behind and let others believe they are in front."
- "There's nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you changed yourself."
- "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw."
- "A critical, independent and investigative press is the lifeblood of any democracy. The press must be free from state interference. It must have the economic strength to stand up to the flattery of government officials. It must have sufficient independence from vested interests to be bold and bold. inquiry without fear or favor. It must enjoy the protection of the constitution, so that it can protect our rights as citizens."
- "For being free is not just about freeing yourself from chains, but living in a way that respects and increases the freedom of others."
- "It's not our diversity that divides us; it's not our ethnicity, religion or culture that divides us. Once we achieve our freedom, there can only be one division between us: between those who love democracy and those who don't."
Check: Inner Peace Quotes