Theia is, in Greek Mythology, Hyperion's wife and is also known as the "Enlightened Goddess", because like her husband and children, Theia shines like the sun itself.
Ares: God of War in Greek Mythology
Ares in Greek Mythology:
Check: True Kratos from God of War
Your War Companions:
Ares and the Giant:
Ares in Current Culture:
- Ares is the main comic book antagonist of DC Comics, in the story of the superheroine Wonder Woman. He also makes an appearance in the animated series Justice League - Unlimited. He is voiced by Michael York. In the episode "Gavião e Pombo".
- In Knights of the Zodiac, the "Grand Master" received the name of the god Ares, where he was the commander of the twelve gold knights, each in armor of a sign of the Greek zodiac, being the great rival group of the five bronze knights led by Saori Kido, reincarnation of the goddess Athena, in the anime Shrine. Later, too, it appeared as Mars at Saint Seiya omega and a battle was described in mythological times between Ares and Athena.
- In the game Empire Earth, one of the robotic units that can be built in the digital age is called Ares.
- Ares is also the main antagonist in the God Of War game series. The main anti-hero, Kratos, was Ares' warrior, but he was betrayed when Ares made Kratos kill his own wife and daughter. With the help of other gods, Kratos kills Ares and becomes the new god of war.
- Ares also appears in Marvel Comics comics as a prominent member of the Mighty Avengers. He plays the role of "Wolverine and Thor" having both the traces of violence and the strength of Thor. He is also a major antagonist of Marvel's comic version, Hercules.
Phobos and Deimos are, in Greek Mythology, companions of war and both are sons of the God Ares. Both mean Terror and Fear. Learn more about these deities below.
Eileithyia was, in Greek Mythology, the Goddess of Childbirth. She was a scarce deity, as she represented only one thing, different from Apollo, where her name had many representations.
Cupid and Eros, both in Greek and Roman Mythologies, besides being the "God of Love" (because they were the same deity), were in love with Psyche. One of the most beautiful stories of antiquity.
Persephone was, in Greek Mythology, forced wife of Hades and also daughter of Demeter and Goddess of Flowers and Herbs, pure like her mother, the goddess of agriculture.
Leto or Latona is, in Greek Mythology, the Goddess of Nightfall. In addition to being the mother of the twins Apollo and Artemis, she was Zeus' lover. Check out Myth below.
The best known version of Electra, in Greek Mythology, was because she was a mortal and daughter of Agamemnon, there is also the Myth of being the Goddess of the Storm.
Charon is, in Greek Mythology, the Boatman of the Underworld and it was this deity responsible for separating men from the world of the living to that of the dead.
Atlas is, in Greek Mythology, one of the most well-known Titans and also punished by Zeus with the weight of holding the sky for all eternity, know his history.
Hesperides are, in Greek Mythology, the Goddesses of Afternoon. They have an incredible garden! His parents are Nyx and Erebus, both representations of night and darkness, check it out.