30 Winston Churchill Quotes on Courage and Democracy
Winston Churchill Quotes on Courage, Democracy, Communism and Politics: 30 Churchill's Incredible and Brilliant Phrases. Messages, Quotes, Excerpts and Motivational Phrases!
Who is Winston Churchill?
Winston Churchill, was a British conservative politician and statesman, famous mainly for his role as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom during World War II. He was British Prime Minister twice. Notable speaker and statesman, he was also a British Army officer, historian, writer and artist. He is the only British Prime Minister to have received the Nobel Prize for Literature and an honorary citizenship of the United States.
During his career in the army, Churchill was able to watch military action in British India, Sudan and the Second Boer War (1899-1902). He gained fame and notoriety as a war correspondent through the books he wrote, describing the military columns. He served briefly in the British Army on the Western Front, during the First World War (1914-1918), commanding the 6th Scottish Royal Marines Battalion. British and American, Churchill was born in Oxfordshire in a family of the British nobility, the family of the Duke of Marlborough.
Winston Churchill Quotes (World War II):
- "My most brilliant achievement was my ability to persuade my wife to marry me."
- "The problems of victory are more pleasant than those of defeat, but they are no less difficult."
- "We must remove the means of inspiration and survival from the heart of our own suffering."
- "Victory at all costs, victory despite all terror, victory no matter how long and difficult it may be, because without victory there is no survival."
- "Success is never found. Failure is never fatal. Courage is the only thing."
- "We must be careful of unnecessary innovations, especially when guided by logic."
- "Building can have to be a slow and laborious task for years. Destroying can be the thoughtless act of a single day."
- "There are a lot of terrible lies around the world, and worst of all, half of them are true."
- "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read quote books."
- "The English never draw a line without confusing it."
- "I am prepared to find my Creator. Whether my Creator is prepared for the ordeal of finding me is another matter."
- "In finance, everything that is pleasant is unhealthy and everything that is solid is unpleasant."
- "Do you have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something at some point in your life."
- "The further back you can look, the more forward you are likely to see."
- "If you're going through hell, don't stop."
Check: Jesus Christ Quotes
Winston Churchill Quotes about Life:
- "The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called confusion is simply their ability to deal with the inevitable."
- "Say what you have to say and the first time you come up with a grammatically ending sentence - sit down."
- "Lonely trees, if they grow, become strong."
- "A reliever is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat it last."
- "Never, in the field of human conflict, have so many owed so many to so few."
- "Without immeasurable and perpetual uncertainty, the drama of human life would be destroyed."
- "I never accepted what many people kindly said, that is, that I inspired the nation. It was the nation and the race that inhabits around the globe that had the heart of a lion. I was fortunate enough to be called to give the roar."
- "Spend your time improving yourself through other men's writings, so that you can easily come by what others have worked hard for."
- "Damn relentless time! Curse our mortality. How cruelly short is the period allowed for everything we should shove into it!"
- "All great things are simple and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; Mercy; hope."
- "If someone has to submit, it is a waste not to do it with the best grace possible."
- "No one can guarantee success in the war, but only deserve it."
- "The war is mainly a catalog of gross errors."
- "Socialism is like a dream. Sooner or later you wake up to reality. It is a socialist idea that making a profit is an addiction; I believe that the real addiction is to have losses. A communist is like a crocodile: when he opens his mouth , you don't know if you're trying to smile or getting ready to eat it. "
- "Socialism is the philosophy of failure, aligns it with ignorance, preaches envy. Its inherent defect is the equal distribution of misery."
Check: Overcoming Quotes