30 Quotes of Virtue, Values and Flaws to Reflect
Quotes of Virtue, Values, Principles, Human, Personal, Religious, Moral, Inverted and Ethical Defects. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes and Reflective Phrases about Life for Status.
What is Virtue?
Virtue is a particular moral quality, an exclusively human capacity, absent in other animals, which are governed only by instinct. It is a stable disposition to do good; revelation is more than a simple trait or an aptitude for a particular good action, it is a true trait. It is all the constant habits that lead man to the good, whether as an individual, or species, or personally, or collectively. According to Aristotle, it is an acquired disposition to do good, and it is perfected with habit.
Also according to the doctrine of the Catholic Church, and especially according to Gregory of Nyssa, virtue is "a habitual and firm disposition to do good", being the end of a virtuous life becoming like God. There are numerous virtues that are related to each other making life itself virtuous.
Best Quotes of Human Virtue and Values:
- The appearance of the virtues is far more seductive than the virtues themselves, and whoever boasts of possessing them has a great advantage over those who actually possess them."
- "I always say that of the three theological virtues called, I am weak in faith and weak in quality, I only have hope. I am the man of hope."
- "Humility is a foundation and foundation of all virtues, without it there is none that is."
- "The man who is firm, patient, simple, natural, and quiet is close to virtue."
- "A peaceful indifference is the wisest of virtues."
- "Those who don't know how to accept the small flaws of women will not take advantage of their great virtues."
- "Our biggest mistake is to try to glean from each particular person the virtues they don't have, and to forget to cultivate the ones that are really theirs."
- "Modesty cannot be considered a virtue, for it is more like a suffering than a quality."
- "Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt."
- "The man who honors himself is able to see the virtues of another man."
- "What is, after all, a weed but a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered?"
- "Patience is the most heroic of virtues, precisely because it has no heroic appearance."
- "Humility is a solid single foundation of all virtues."
- "Courage is the most important of all virtues because without courage you cannot consistently practice any other virtue."
- "It's not enough to stand up and fight the darkness. You have to stand out too. You have to be different from that."
Check: Buddha Positive Quotes
Quotes of Virtue, Values and Human Defects:
- "Everyone knows that ice cream is worth having in the cold. Like all virtuous things, you have to suffer to get your reward."
- "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
- "We do not attach special value to the possession of a virtue until we realize its total absence in our opponent."
- "We value virtue, but we do not discuss it. The honest accountant, the faithful wife, the serious scholar receive little attention compared to the sinner, the vagabond, the cheater."
- "Don't give people what they want, give them what they need."
- "But what is freedom without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is foolishness, vice, and folly, without instruction or restriction. Those who know what virtuous freedom is, cannot bear to see it dishonored for incapable heads, for having pompous words in their mouths."
- "It is a childish superstition of the human spirit that virginity is considered a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from knowledge."
- "It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen."
- "He has all the virtues I don't like and none of the vices I admire."
- "It is useless to expect virtue from women until they are, to some degree, independent of men."
- "Everyone suspects at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I'm one of the few honest people I've ever met."
- "The problem with people who don't have addictions is that they'll usually have some pretty annoying virtues."
- "The virtuous man is content to dream what the bad man does in real life."
- "One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine or poetry or virtue, whatever you like. But get drunk."
- "When I'm fine, I'm really good, but when I'm bad, I'm better."
Check: Jesus Christ Quotes