Donnie Yen: 10 Best Quotes from Master Yip Man
Yip Man Quotes about Life to Reflect: The 10 Most Beautiful, Incredible and Longing Phrases from Donnie Yen. Messages, Excerpts, Quotes and Motivational Phrases!
Who Was Yip Man?
Yip Man or Mestre Ip, (October 1893 - Hong Kong, December 1, 1972) was a martial arts artist and master teacher of the Wing Chun style of Kung Fu. He taught several students who in the future became notorious masters, the most famous of which was Bruce Lee.
He was born into a wealthy family, whose temple was run by Master Chan Wah Shun, "Wah, the Money Changer", in the style of Wing Chun (or Ving Tsun) of Kung Fu. The boy Yip Man was the third child of the couple Yip Oi-dor and Ng Shui, who were from a wealthy family in Foshan Province.
The couple had a total of four children. Yip Man has trained with Master Wah since 1906, when he was twelve years old. At that time, Chan Wah-shun was 57 years old. Ip was Chan Wah-shun's 16th and final student. Due to Chan Wah-shun's age, he was only able to teach Ip Man for three years, until, in 1909, he suffered a mild stroke and retired to his native village.
Master Yip Man Quotes to Reflect:
- "The ideal in martial arts is humanitarianism. Achievement uses diligence as a goal."
- "It is difficult for a student to choose a good teacher, but it is more difficult for a teacher to choose a good student."
- "Relax and calm your mind. Forget yourself and follow your opponent's movement."
- "There is no difference in who started studying first; the one who achieves achievement is the first."
- "Don't fight with the force, absorb it and it will flow, use it."
Check: Buddhist Quotes
Donnie Yen Quotes to Reflect:
- "My mom lives in Boston; she is famous for teaching wushu and tai chi. So ever since I was young, my mom and auntie used to say, 'You are training; you are not playing baseball or football.' days was normal. Later, when I was almost a teenager, Bruce Lee became my idol."
- "Bruce is the guy. He was definitely ahead of his time."
- "I always tell younger filmmakers: it's not just about the acting or the art itself. It's about the size of the audience who watch your film."
- "Better to be called something positive and inspiring than something negative."
- "The main reason I like the UFC is not just the martial arts aspect, but it is about one person against another. It is being able to test yourself with the truth."
Check: Bruce Lee Quotes