10 Best Quotes from Dear John Movie to Reflect
Dear John Quotes: The 10 most memorable and nostalgic quotes in the movie. Excerpts, Messages, Quotes and Motivational Phrases! John Tyree, Randy, Savannah...
Dear John movie:
Dear John is a 2010 American film of the romantic war drama film genre, directed by Lasse Hallström for a Screen Gems, with a screenplay by Jamie Linden based on the novel Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks. Dear John tells the story of John Tyree (Channing Tatum), a young soldier who went home on leave, and Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried), an idealistic young college girl he falls in love with during college vacation.
Over the next seven tumultuous years, the couple are torn apart by John's increasingly dangerous missions. Despite meeting rarely, the couple maintains contact through love letters. This correspondence ends up causing a situation with disastrous consequences.
John Tyree: Quotes by Nicholas Sparks!
- "Passion is passion. It's the excitement between boring spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's headed... It could be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith... the saddest people I've ever met in my life are those who don't care deeply about anything."
- "In our time together, you claimed a special place in my heart, a place that I will carry with me forever and that no one can replace."
- "There are times when I wish I could go back in time and take away all the sadness, but I have a feeling that if I did, the joy would also end. So I take the memories as they come, accepting them all, leaving them guide me whenever I can."
- "Love should bring joy, it should grant peace to a person, but here and not, it was only bringing pain."
- "I learned that it's better to keep some things secret."
Check: Resilience Quotes
10 Best Quotes by Dear John:
- "And when her lips found mine, I knew I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would compare to that one moment when I kissed the girl of my dreams for the first time and knew that my love would make it last forever."
- "Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle and an end. And while that's how all the stories play out, I still can't believe ours didn't last forever."
- "When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that everyone you see is struggling with something, and for them it's just as difficult as what you're going through."
- "I finally understood what true love means... love means that you care about someone else's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face may be."
- "So, there's something else I want to tell you. Before everything goes black, do you want to know the last thing that crossed my mind? You."
Check: Inner Peace Quotes