Van Damme: 10 Best Quotes from Lionheart Movie
Lionheart Movie Quotes: The 10 most incredible phrases by Jean Claude Van Damme. Excerpts, Messages, Quotes and Motivational Phrases! Lyon Gaultier.
Lionheart is a 1990 action film directed by Sheldon Lettich, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and co-starring Brian Thompson, along with Harrison Page, Deborah Rennard, Lisa Pelikan and Ashley Johnson. Van Damme plays a paratrooper legionnaire. When his brother is seriously injured, he returns to Los Angeles to enter the underground fighting circuit and raise money for his brother's family.
The cast and crew of the film included two people who had appeared in an earlier Van Damme film: Michel Qissi (a good friend of his) and Sheldon Lettich. This was the second time that Qissi played a villain in a Van Damme film, the first being remarkably like Tong Po in Kickboxer (1989). Lettich helped write one of Van Damme's innovative films, Bloodsport, along with another Van Damme film, Double Impact. The film raised $ 24.3 million on a budget of $ 6 million.
Lionheart, Quotes from Lyon Gaultier:
- "Never lose your Lionheart heart, because you will never have it back."
- "Sometimes life is ... ugly, stupid and mean."
- "He was not strong enough to be arrested!"
- "You know why we're here. Don't force us to be rude in front of the little girl."
- "Scotland? Scotland sucks. Kick his ass out of Scotland. Take his damn skirt off, I'd like to see if he has any pants."
Check: Resilience Quotes
Jean Claude Van Damme Quotes:
- "God has given me a great body and it is my duty to look after my physical temple."
- "In an action movie, you act in action. If it's a dramatic film, you act in drama."
- "I have a talent for acting. No matter what any newspaper says about me ... I am one of the most sensitive human beings on earth."
- "When playing a villain, you can really have great bipolarity in terms of ups and downs."
- "I like martial arts a lot and I'm also a big fan of both drama and action. So when I see a new actor emerging on the screen, I always like to see what he can do."
Check: Quotes from Leonidas of 300