10 Best Quotes from Troy Movie
Troy Quotes: The 10 most striking and longing phrases in the film. Excerpts, Messages, Quotes and Motivational Phrases! Achilles, Helena, Paris, Agamemnom, Odysseus ...
In 1193 BCE, Prince Paris waged a war against Troy by removing Helena from her husband, Menelaus. Then begins a bloody battle that lasts for a decade. The hope of King Priam of Troy to win the war is in the hands of his sons, Hector, who is a great warrior and commands the army and of Paris, the youngest. They also have a strategic way in which the city-state was built, with its walls almost impassable by opponents. Achilles, the greatest hero of Ancient Greece in his day, did not want to go to war. But following his mother's advice and instigated by Odysseus, he fights alongside Menelaus.
Along with his warriors, called Mirmidões, is his cousin Pátroclo (who is actually a friend of his), but he has a lot of physical resemblance to him. It can be said that this young man had a very interesting participation in the story, when impersonating Achilles he takes the warriors to a fight against the men of Hector who kills him.
Quotes from Achilles, Helena, Agamemnom, Odysseus
- "Imagine a king fighting his own battles. Wouldn't that be a spectacle?"
- "If you ever tell my story, say that I walked with giants."
- "You gave me peace in a life of war."
- "You say you want to die for love but you know nothing about dying or love."
- "When you're a King, few choices are simple."
Check: Gladiator Quotes
Best Troy Quotes to Reflect:
- "Mirmidons! My sword brothers! I prefer to fight at your side than any army of thousands! Don't let any man forget how threatening we are! We are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it ! It's yours!"
- "You are not afraid of anyone. That is your problem. Fear is useful."
- "We men are miserable things."
- "The gods envy us. They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment can be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. You will never be more beautiful than you are now. We will never be here again."
- "Achilles: Do your tricks on me, but not on my cousin. Odysseus: You have your swords. I have my tricks. We play with the toys that the gods give us."
Check: Overcoming Quotes