Find out now who, in fact, was the First Emperor of Rome. Many think it is Julius Caesar, but in fact, it was Augustus. Considered by many to be the greatest Roman Emperor of all time.
Spartacus Series: All about Crixus
CRIXUS IN HISTORY:
CRIXUS IN POPULAR CULTURE:
- Crixus was played by John Ireland in the 1960 film Spartacus.
- Crixus appears as a character in the musical version of Jeff Wayne, from Spartacus, played by ex-Marillion singer Fish.
- Crixus is played by Paul Kynman in the 2004 TV movie Spartacus.
- Crixus was played by Manu Bennett in the television series Starz Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and sequences Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned. In contrast to the 1960 film, in which Crixus and Spartacus quickly become close friends, the Starz series portrays them initially as intense rivals with an almost hatred for each other. It is not until the rebellion that the two become respected friends.
- In the Heroscape expandable miniature war system, Crixus is a unique gladiator hero, who does not die at the hands of the Romans, but is summoned to the world of Valhalla to follow the General Einar of Valkyrie.
CRIXUS IN SPARTACUS:
SKILLS IN COMBAT:
GODS OF THE ARENA:
Check: Gannicus in Spartacus
BEFORE BLOOD AND SAND:
BLOOD AND SAND:
WAR OF THE DAMNED:
"I will not die a faceless slave forgotten by history"
"I am Gallic, little man. The best of my kind. Crixus, the undefeated!"
"It is not an easy task to cut off a man's head. You must find the right angle."
"I struggle to honor these walls. You struggle to leave them."
"I didn't save Spartacus. I saved a brother, who shares the brand."
"Get away, puppy, before your withered penis gets wet."
"Do you know that in another life, you and I can be brothers? But not in this one."
Check: Top 10 Spartacus Quotes
Quotes from Roman and Greek Gladiators: The Most Amazing and Outstanding Phrases from Icons like Spartacus, Maximus, Leonidas and Achilles. Remember, with "Gladiator" we are referring to great movie icons.
Barca, in the Spartacus series, was an extremely wronged gladiator (deceived by Ashur) and was also created by the series producer, making reference to the former general of Carthage: Anibal Barca, check it out.
Varro was one of the most relevant gladiators. Varro was also the best friend of the protagonist and after his death, Spartacus was very sad. "He will be remembered as a father, husband and friend among enemies."
Who was the First King of Rome? You who are here for sure have already wondered, after all, Rome was not always a republic or empire... In its foundation, Rome was a kingdom, know its history below.
Who was Julius Caesar? Discover the history of this icon. Contrary to what many people think, Caesar was not a Roman Emperor, but a DICTATOR. It was he who marked the transition from the Roman Republic.
Quintus Lentulus Batiatus was one of the most hated (and loved) characters in the Spartacus series, but what few people know is that Lentulus Batiatus really existed, learn more about this icon in history.
Cossinius and Furius were not very relevant in the Spartacus series, as they only appear in Season 4 and for a change, in only 1 episode. These two actually existed in history, check it out.
Publius Varinius was an ascendant Roman politician and rival of Claudius Glabro (also a politician). Contributes to the 3rd Servil War but was Humiliated by the rebel Spartacus, check it out.
Gaius Claudius Glaber was a "Legatus", that is, a military commander during the Roman Empire. He also had the political title of Praetor and was defeated by Spartacus. Check out.