Spartacus Series: All about Crixus
CRIXUS IN HISTORY:
CRIXUS IN POPULAR CULTURE:
- Crixus was played by John Ireland in the 1960 film Spartacus.
- Crixus appears as a character in the musical version of Jeff Wayne, from Spartacus, played by ex-Marillion singer Fish.
- Crixus is played by Paul Kynman in the 2004 TV movie Spartacus.
- Crixus was played by Manu Bennett in the television series Starz Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and sequences Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned. In contrast to the 1960 film, in which Crixus and Spartacus quickly become close friends, the Starz series portrays them initially as intense rivals with an almost hatred for each other. It is not until the rebellion that the two become respected friends.
- In the Heroscape expandable miniature war system, Crixus is a unique gladiator hero, who does not die at the hands of the Romans, but is summoned to the world of Valhalla to follow the General Einar of Valkyrie.
CRIXUS IN SPARTACUS:
SKILLS IN COMBAT:
GODS OF THE ARENA:
Check: Gannicus in Spartacus
BEFORE BLOOD AND SAND:
BLOOD AND SAND:
WAR OF THE DAMNED:
"I will not die a faceless slave forgotten by history"
"I am Gallic, little man. The best of my kind. Crixus, the undefeated!"
"It is not an easy task to cut off a man's head. You must find the right angle."
"I struggle to honor these walls. You struggle to leave them."
"I didn't save Spartacus. I saved a brother, who shares the brand."
"Get away, puppy, before your withered penis gets wet."
"Do you know that in another life, you and I can be brothers? But not in this one."
Check: Top 10 Spartacus Quotes