Who was Julius Caesar? Discover the history of this icon. Contrary to what many people think, Caesar was not a Roman Emperor, but a DICTATOR. It was he who marked the transition from the Roman Republic.
Spartacus Series: All about Crixus
CRIXUS IN HISTORY:
CRIXUS IN POPULAR CULTURE:
- Crixus was played by John Ireland in the 1960 film Spartacus.
- Crixus appears as a character in the musical version of Jeff Wayne, from Spartacus, played by ex-Marillion singer Fish.
- Crixus is played by Paul Kynman in the 2004 TV movie Spartacus.
- Crixus was played by Manu Bennett in the television series Starz Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and sequences Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned. In contrast to the 1960 film, in which Crixus and Spartacus quickly become close friends, the Starz series portrays them initially as intense rivals with an almost hatred for each other. It is not until the rebellion that the two become respected friends.
- In the Heroscape expandable miniature war system, Crixus is a unique gladiator hero, who does not die at the hands of the Romans, but is summoned to the world of Valhalla to follow the General Einar of Valkyrie.
CRIXUS IN SPARTACUS:
SKILLS IN COMBAT:
GODS OF THE ARENA:
Check: Gannicus in Spartacus
BEFORE BLOOD AND SAND:
BLOOD AND SAND:
WAR OF THE DAMNED:
"I will not die a faceless slave forgotten by history"
"I am Gallic, little man. The best of my kind. Crixus, the undefeated!"
"It is not an easy task to cut off a man's head. You must find the right angle."
"I struggle to honor these walls. You struggle to leave them."
"I didn't save Spartacus. I saved a brother, who shares the brand."
"Get away, puppy, before your withered penis gets wet."
"Do you know that in another life, you and I can be brothers? But not in this one."
Check: Top 10 Spartacus Quotes
Quintus Lentulus Batiatus was one of the most hated (and loved) characters in the Spartacus series, but what few people know is that Lentulus Batiatus really existed, learn more about this icon in history.
Cossinius and Furius were not very relevant in the Spartacus series, as they only appear in Season 4 and for a change, in only 1 episode. These two actually existed in history, check it out.
Publius Varinius was an ascendant Roman politician and rival of Claudius Glabro (also a politician). Contributes to the 3rd Servil War but was Humiliated by the rebel Spartacus, check it out.
Gaius Claudius Glaber was a "Legatus", that is, a military commander during the Roman Empire. He also had the political title of Praetor and was defeated by Spartacus. Check out.
Marcus Crassus was one of the most important politicians of his time and considered the richest man in Rome. Did you meet him on the Spartacus series? Well, know his story and death below.
Ilithyia was, in the series Spartacus, "friend" of Lucretia and both had a relationship of total poison. She was married to Claudius Glaber, the one who captured the Thracian.
Get to know everything about the Nyssa Raatko character from the Arrow series. In Spartacus, actress Katrina Law was Mira (Thracian's lover). Check all about her.
Lucretia is, in the Spartacus series, the wife of Lanistae Batiatus and the actress is the same as in the series "Xena, the warrior princess". Learn more about this "Snake" below.
Agron and Duro were brothers from the lands east of the Rhine (or Germania) in the Spartacus series. "Agron" did exist, Duro, no! Check out below about these gladiators.