Quotes from Roman and Greek Gladiators: The Most Amazing and Outstanding Phrases from Icons like Spartacus, Maximus, Leonidas and Achilles. Remember, with "Gladiator" we are referring to great movie icons.
Arrow Series: All about Slade Wilson
Slade Joseph Wilson (Arrow series), codenamed Exterminator by A.R.G.U.S., is a former member of the Australian Secret Intelligence Service. Check out.
Who is Slade Wilson?
Slade Wilson is also the late friend and partner of the late Billy Wintergreen, husband of Adeline Wilson, father of Joe Wilson and Grant Wilson and a former mentor and friend of Oliver Queen, a friend who later became an enemy of Sara Lance, and a good friend of the late Shado, Slade was in love with her, despite being Oliver's lover.
Slade started out as an ally of Oliver on the island, who taught him most of his combat skills, which he would later use in his crusade as the Archer, while trying to stop Edward Fyers' plan with Oliver and Shado.
A year later, Slade went on a revenge mission against Anthony Ivo for killing Shado, but on learning that Oliver allowed Shado to die for Sara to live, he tried to kill him, but was apparently killed by him. 5 years later, he was revealed to be alive with a revenge mission to get everything Oliver cares about, working with Sebastian Blood and Isabel Rochev to do that.
However his plan ended up failing, despite murdering Moira, he was cured of Mirakuru and imprisoned in a maximum security prison of A.R.G.U.S. in Lian Yu, where he stayed for a long time, but Oliver got Slade out of prison because he needed to rescue his son, William, who was kidnapped by Adrian Chase.
In flashbacks, unlike comics, Slade Wilson seems less cold and distant, but retains his anti-hero appearance. Slade is a man of good manners, who poses as a tough guy, but underneath he is a caring person, as shown when he rescues Oliver, even after stating that he would leave the island if Oliver didn't go back in time.
Slade does not get along with traitors, as he is shown killing Bill Wintergreen, his longtime friend and partner, until he cheated on him to save his own life. Slade only trusts and cares about people who have proven their worth. These days, Slade seems to be cooler and worse, more like his comic counterpart. He currently hates his friend Oliver, for the fate that Oliver "chose" to kill Shado.
Sometime before 2007, Slade Wilson and his partner, Billy Wintergreen, arrived at Lian Yu by plane to rescue Yao Fei, also to find out what Edward Fyers was planning. However, their plane was shot down and they were captured by Fyers. Slade was tortured by Fyers for almost a year, but Slade did not give him any information. Slade was put in a cell with Yao.
Slade helped Yao escape from her cell. The two went to find Slade's partner, Bill. However, he found that Bill had joined Edward. The two then escaped from Edward's camp together. It is not known exactly what happened after that, but Yao and Slade had plans to escape the island on a supply plane.
Check: All about Crixus
- High Pain Tolerance: Slade has a high pain tolerance. In "The Odyssey", Oliver had to take the bullet out of Slade's arm without any anesthesia, although he was tied (on Slade's recommendation) because he could kill Oliver.
- Fencing Master: Slade proved to be a swordsman, cutting several armed mercenaries in mere seconds. He explicitly stated that his weapon of choice is swords. He killed his ex-partner in a sword fight, who was also a master swordsman.
- Master in Martial Arts;
- Aimmaster: Slade is shown to be an excellent sniper as he shot many soldiers with his rifle in the episode "The Odyssey", and was able to shoot several soldiers with just two guns in "The Huntress Returns".
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Injecting the Mirakuru serum has substantially improved Slade's ability to heal. When he woke up after the injection, the injuries on the right side of his face were completely healed.
- Improved Speed: Slade can run at speeds faster than any Olympic athlete. He was able to walk the submarine's path to the location where Oliver and Shado were in minutes.
- Enhanced Endurance: The Mirakuru serum reduces the effects of fatigue, allowing Slade to exercise at a higher peak capacity than any human could.
- Enhanced Durability: Serum increases the density of Slade's muscle and bone structure, making it more resilient than a normal human.
- Enhanced Strength: Thanks to the Mirakuru serum, Slade's muscular system allows for incredible strength.
- Improved Physical Condition: To save his life, Slade received the Mirakuru serum (miracle in Japanese). The injection initially made him weak, with extreme pain and bloody tears.
- Slade Wilson is the fourteenth person to discover Oliver's identity, he discovered it because of the green hood that Oliver wore, which was his late mentor Yao Fei and was used by his late daughter Shado.
- In "Three Ghosts", we see that Slade wears an eye patch over his right eye, and says that he wants to stick an arrow through Oliver's eyes, indicating that Oliver was the cause of Slade losing his right eye.
- Slade Wilson was Oliver Queen's second mentor, after Yao Fei.
- An Exterminator mask is seen on a wooden stake in the "Pilot", when Chinese fishermen rescued Oliver. It is unknown whether this mask is Billy's or Slade's. Although the mask seen had an arrow through the hole in his right eye, and Billy was killed by a sword in his right eye. This same mask is seen in "City of Heroes", when John Diggle and Felicity Smoak traveled to Lian Yu to find Oliver, and the mask looked like it was burnt, which refers to Oliver having to burn someone with mirakuru serum to kill them
Barca, in the Spartacus series, was an extremely wronged gladiator (deceived by Ashur) and was also created by the series producer, making reference to the former general of Carthage: Anibal Barca, check it out.
Varro was one of the most relevant gladiators. Varro was also the best friend of the protagonist and after his death, Spartacus was very sad. "He will be remembered as a father, husband and friend among enemies."
Who was the First King of Rome? You who are here for sure have already wondered, after all, Rome was not always a republic or empire... In its foundation, Rome was a kingdom, know its history below.
Who was Julius Caesar? Discover the history of this icon. Contrary to what many people think, Caesar was not a Roman Emperor, but a DICTATOR. It was he who marked the transition from the Roman Republic.
Quintus Lentulus Batiatus was one of the most hated (and loved) characters in the Spartacus series, but what few people know is that Lentulus Batiatus really existed, learn more about this icon in history.
Cossinius and Furius were not very relevant in the Spartacus series, as they only appear in Season 4 and for a change, in only 1 episode. These two actually existed in history, check it out.
Publius Varinius was an ascendant Roman politician and rival of Claudius Glabro (also a politician). Contributes to the 3rd Servil War but was Humiliated by the rebel Spartacus, check it out.
Gaius Claudius Glaber was a "Legatus", that is, a military commander during the Roman Empire. He also had the political title of Praetor and was defeated by Spartacus. Check out.
Marcus Crassus was one of the most important politicians of his time and considered the richest man in Rome. Did you meet him on the Spartacus series? Well, know his story and death below.